"You have been purchased, and at a price. So glorify God in your body." ~ 1 Corinthians 6:20

Sunday, September 5

House Cleaning P.S.

A simple post today.

I may have enjoyed my experience of cleaning my own house (heavy emphasis on "may"). There was the control; there was the appreciation; there was the satisfaction.

I also may have despised the experience: missing out on yoga and church, wasting one of the first truly beautiful Houston pre-Fall days to housework, and, well, just the cleaning my house out of pure necessity.

I recognize that there are both pros and cons to this.

First, the pros because I always like to start off with the positives in any situation.

  1. I get to choose the aroma of the house-cleaning agents.
  2. I use Lysol spray, which not only kills more germs, but makes things smell better.
  3. I clean deeper into the toilet bowl because I use my hand instead of a scrubbing brush (I do have a glove on).
Now, the cons:
  1. I have to give up my yoga class
  2. I have to forego the beautiful weather
  3. I cleaned left-handed ( I think Lucy took one of my gloves)
  4. The whole house is not clean at the same time. I can clean only so much at one time; cleaning in stages so the entire house is never clean at the same time.

I know I have to find a new maid. I like the house being clean all at once and not having to give up my personal pursuits. I like not having to stick my hand deep into the toilet bowl and not having to get my mop or sponge deep into the corner to get the dog hair and other nasty stuff.

And, no, this does not make me a princess~

1 comment:

  1. So, am I a princess if I always hire professionals for the carpet cleaning.

    ReplyDelete