"You have been purchased, and at a price. So glorify God in your body." ~ 1 Corinthians 6:20

Sunday, November 20

Understanding Life Continued....

My footsteps are already fading. Into the sand, into the past. By now they are already washed away by the surf.

Each one of those steps I took on the beach this morning represents something from the past, the recent past. A mistake, transgression, lie, evil thought, angry word, averted glance, detour in the wrong direction, over-indulgence in one of my vices.

Each one of those footsteps represents a tear (whether shed or not), anguished thought, and any other time when fear, doubt, weak moment, despair, confusion, chaos have entered my realm and threatened to consume me.

The best part is that all those footsteps are behind me now. The only one who will remember them is me - if I choose to do so - and those who are against me.

It is impossible to walk backwards for too long without stumbling, falling down, or bumping into an obstruction of some kind. If I continue to keep my past footsteps in my memory, it is like I am walking backward, only looking at where I have been. Eventually, I am going to stumble and fall.

I think it's time to turn around and look the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment